Head 'em up and move 'em out: Edmonton-style

Friday, June 16, 2006

What a home-coming!


So not only has Regina been blessed with my presence for the next couple weeks, but they now get to have the likes of Colin Thatcher gracing them! I was floored today to discover that the convicted murderer was just released to a halfway house in Regina after 22 years for hacking up his wife, Joanne Thatcher.

Yeah, yeah, I know I’m not exactly Miss Crime & Punishment, but this particular guy I hold in real contempt. Aside from being a murdering bastard and a former Conservative MLA (both sufficient to earn my contempt), the guy placed one of our close family friends on his hit list!!! Maggie Siggins (her husband being my unofficial godfather of sorts), the author of A Canadian Tragedy (made into a movie with our treasures Kenneth Welsh & Kate Nelligan), after writing this best-selling book, found her name on a list of people Thatcher wanted to get rid of after his conviction! Not only was the guy a murderer, but he was also an idiot. Guess where the genius kept this list? In his prison cell. The guy’s convicted of hiring someone to off his wife so what does he do? He writes up a list of other people he wants to have hit and keeps it in his cell. Yep, nothing screams innocence like your own personal hit list!

I don’t know exactly where this halfway house is, but it’s downtown. We’re in that general vicinity ourselves – near the legislature – and it’s just a stone’s throw away from the house where Joanne was murdered. I don’t know, maybe it’s all this grey weather we’re having that’s putting me in this mood – but I’m genuinely creeped out by this...or maybe it's sleep deprivation...whatever...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Lolabola* said…

    eek, that's gross. Guess I didn't clue in that you were away this weekend. so no flamenco show for you....will you at least watch the game?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home