Head 'em up and move 'em out: Edmonton-style

Monday, June 19, 2006

Game on, baby!

Alrightey, so I’m done with my anti-father’s day ranting and now will move onto something that was near and dear to my paternal figure’s heart: hockey!!! I can’t help but wonder what life would have been like for us if my dad had been able to put on that 20lbs the NHL scout had requested and he had started playing in the majors. Well, I wouldn’t exactly have a life to contemplate since I wouldn’t exist (I know, perish the thought!). But I’m sure my mom’s life would have been mighty different! But I digress…

Okay, I will admit that I partly wanted the Oil to lose on Wednesday night, but honestly, I just really wanted a good night’s sleep and I didn’t want to awake to some kind of post-apocalyptic 28 Days Later scenario. That being said, I am totally stoked for tonight’s game! This past Saturday I actually forced my sweet Irish mother to watch the game and we were both right in there, man!

And I am actually lamenting the fact that I won’t be in Edmonchuck to enjoy this! To watch my friends run down the streets naked (you SO know who you are); to scream ‘Goilers!!!!!!!’ of the roof-top of the Dog; and to just generally rock-out with you all.

But I shall celebrate in my own way. In honour of the final, and father’s day, we shall be preparing the traditional family Stanley Cup meal of mini sandwiches and chips and dip. Now if I can just find one of those goddamn provincial liquor boards to find some Heineken, I’ll be set. Party on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home