Head 'em up and move 'em out: Edmonton-style

Friday, June 30, 2006

Torn between two love ( - ers?)





Okay, so as my adopted team (Vai Brasil!!!) plows through its opposition at FIFA I now find myself in a bit of a quandary. You see, Wimbledon has begun. And where there is Wimbledon, there is Roger Federer. Oh yes…Roger. Mmm…sweet, sweet Roger.

For those of you out of the tennis loop, my (I guess I have to share him with my mom and a few others too) Roger is being touted as the greatest tennis player of all time. After so many years of boring smash and bash Sampras-types, he brought back finesse and skill to the game. Oh yeah, and he’s totally kicking ass (the only person who’s beaten him in the last year is Rafael Nadal, who ain’t so bad to watch either).

So, what’s my problem? Well, since the World Cup is in Europe this year I’m having several scheduling conflicts as the two tournaments are aired largely at the same time. Yes, yes, I know that FIFA’s only every four years and it’s rare I get to see a Brazilian soccer team on TV here, but Roger’s playing absolutely brilliantly and it’s hard to peel my eyes off him.

Okay, so in the complaints department maybe this doesn’t rank too high – but it’s making my mornings rather difficult in another way as well – I’m not starting my work until 3 in the frickin’ afternoon! And further, what the *hell* am I going to do on July 10th when they’re both over!?! I’m going to be in some serious withdrawal…I may require beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home