Head 'em up and move 'em out: Edmonton-style

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Engels-to-go



Okay, I realize I'm not the best at blogging. But it's been largely due to less than optimal internet access. I'll try to improve!

They have a very interesting type of vending machine here. You know how in Japan, you could get beer, underwear, whatever? Well here, they have books vending machines. Everything from guides to worker's rights, sensual massage, and sodoku. And the prices are excellent. I had looked at them a few times, but didn’t really see anything I was interested in; until today. Today I peered into one of the machines and found Friedrich Engels’ (of Marx & Engels, of course) “On the Origin of Family, Private Property, and the State.” IN A VENDING MACHINE!!!! For $2!! So of course, I *had* to get it. It comes all nicely wrapped in plastic and when you take it out, included is a little wrapping gift bag (in case you’re giving your favourite commie a present) and a penny (since all the prices end with 0.99).

Now, if I can just get through "Hello Kitty Goes to School" in Portuguese, I may actually be able to move on to this book...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Lolabola* said…

    Oh please please please bring back the Hello Kitty Goes to School!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home