Head 'em up and move 'em out: Edmonton-style

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Viva Batata!



Sorry it's taken me a while to update this thing. It's taking me a little while to adapt to the heat. And I'm so spoiled that I can't get used to not having internet access in my room! After my first week here I've encountered a great many interesting and head-tilting things, but I thought I'd share this one with you first...

Now this being a country with strong political/social movements, a history of repression, uprisings and dictatorships, I figured that I would probably see some pretty inflammatory graffiti around town, but *nothing* could prepare me for what I saw just down the street from me on the walls of the tennis school. I’ve attached a photo of it so you can see for yourself. Now folks, brace yourselves now as I tell you what batata means in English…drumroll please…it means…are you ready….POTATO!!!! The battlecry for Mr. Potato Head!

More later...sleepy time now.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Lolabola* said…

    umm......in two days it will have been a month since your last post. More stories! more stories! How is it going down there?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home