Head 'em up and move 'em out: Edmonton-style

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Muddied waters…

Rant time.

Nothing irritates me more than when people treat me with kid gloves. Geezus, I’ve been around the block a fair bit and there’s not a hell of a lot I can’t handle. It’s not like I’m going to burst into tears if you look at me funny. Okay, sometimes I do, but generally it’s only when my entire world is crumbling around me; this not being one of those occasions. It just mystifies me when people think that they’re being nice by trying to spare my feelings; does it not occur to you that it has the effect of making me feel like a supreme idiot???

Grrrrrr...I need a beer.

PS Thanks Thelma…

4 Comments:

  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Lolabola* said…

    oooh!!! I hate that too. with a passion. it is probably the thing that makes me the angriest. I'm angry now just thinking about it.

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Electrolucy said…

    I dunno if it's something to do with our wee builds, or do all chicks have people do this???? Nrgh.

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Lolabola* said…

    no no I think some people are just afraid of being honest and tiptoe around in general. I never thought about the slight build thing but I think you may have a point.

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A lot of people are just too chicken to be straight up about stuff. Afraid to hurt feelings, or afraid of confrontation... In any case, not worth your time, seriously. Maybe Thelma should come and get her stupid bike off your front steps, eh?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home