Head 'em up and move 'em out: Edmonton-style

Monday, August 14, 2006

Contented Sigh…Part II

So while the time since I’ve been back have been insanely busy, a little strange, and very topsy-turvy, I’ve got to say that there have been more than a few moments of genuine joy populating these months of summer.

This weekend was no exception. Megan & Jason’s wedding was absolutely wonderful. Simple, fun, classy, and heartfelt. It’s always so nice to go to a wedding that’s about the couple, not about how much debt they can go into for a single day. We all started off in the rain on the roof of the Stollery Center for a gorgeous ceremony complete with tons of umbrellas and the guitar stylings of Justin Rutledge (a hyper-romantic surprise from Jason).

I have to say, there wasn’t a soul at the place whose eyes weren’t at least a little welled during the ceremony and parts of the reception as well. What did it for me was when they went to sign the registry and Justin played “First day of my life” by Bright Eyes.

I guess one can’t help but be moved when you see how passionate they are for one another. Just makes you all warm and fuzzy inside.




"This is the first day of my life
I swear I was born right in the doorway
I went out in the rain suddenly everything changed
They're spreading blankets on the beach

Yours is the first face that I saw
I think I was blind before I met you
Now I don’t know where I am
I don’t know where I’ve been
But I know where I want to go

And so I thought I’d let you know
That these things take forever
I especially am slow
But I realize that I need you
And I wondered if I could come home

Remember the time you drove all night
Just to meet me in the morning
And I thought it was strange you said everything changed
You felt as if you had just woke up
And you said “this is the first day of my life
I’m glad I didn’t die before I met you
But now I don’t care I could go anywhere with you
And I’d probably be happy”

So if you want to be with me
With these things there’s no telling
We just have to wait and see
But I’d rather be working for a paycheck
Than waiting to win the lottery
Besides maybe this time is different
I mean I really think you like me"




3 Comments:

  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger Lolabola* said…

    amazing dress....am in the throws of dress shopping, what a nightmare!

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Electrolucy said…

    She actually ended up not looking for a 'wedding dress' and instead looked at red carpet dresses. She got it in San Fran, as far as I remember. And it wasn't expensive as dresses go. She looked soooo gorgeous!!!

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi my name is Dave Kelly i am an australian and i lived and worked with jason in sydney when he was over here, i haven't seen or heard from him in about 4 years and i found this blog and his picture by randomly googling his name. I promise i am not a creep, just ask him. Anyway if its possible can you please give him my email address d.kelly.11@scu.edu.au it would be cool to catch up. peace

     

Post a Comment

<< Home